Thursday, August 16, 2007

Remembering you..











Psalm 63:6-8 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow for your wings. My soul clings to you; you right hand upholds me.








I am reminded today that God loves us. The world. As I walked the streets today to shop and explore and visit with the locals, I am reminded that God loves them too. How awesome is that! As I stepped off the plane yesterday, the nerves went away. I felt home. Don't get me wrong, America is my home. But China.. it too holds my heart.




skipping ahead 10 days... S1 says to me.. in between sobs... I don't want to leave... I want to be here...




okay back to day 2... We went to the Great Wall at night.. next time we go :O) I want to ride the sled down.. then I think I will have almost done each item.. minus "staying the night on the wall" which is permitted in certain areas to backpackers.




So it is a two hour ride b/c of traffic to get to the Wall. God was so gracious to us and kept the weather perfect (okay so it was hot but it didn't down pour...yet). So we stepped out of our car and OHMYGOODNESS what a site. It was breathtaking. It literally took my breath away. I am not sure that any one site has had such an effect on my eyes.




So of we went up the Wall. The girls ran and played and chased locust (secatas). The photo you see the entire section that we climbed. As we headed down.. the storms rolled in. I have on video the thunder and lighting. It was incredible. .. until the lights went out.. then it was pitch dark. So we climbed at least a 1/4 if not more of the Wall in a HUGE storm. The great news: God provided lighting so we could see the steps every so often :O) We literally couldn't see our hands in front of our faces.. heheheheh it was fun though. I haven't been in a rain storm in quite some time. you should try it.. minus the lighting...




No comments: